Wednesday, July 15, 2009

California Dudes and a Good Samaritan

California Dudes and a Good Samaritan

From OR we headed to the Redwood Forests of CA. After our first day of touring the redwoods, as we were driving back to the campsite, we saw a couple of guys on the side of the road. They looked to be about 19 or 20, and they looked like they needed help. Lloyd pulled over and asked if we could help them and they said they lost their car keys and needed to call AAA. Lloyd pulls over and I hop out with my phone so they could make their call. Two of their other friends come walking up from the trail, wrapped in towels and shivering. It was about 60 degrees out and these guys had obviously been in the water. As the four of them are arguing and trying to call AAA, as well as someone’s dad, I got the whole story. They had decided to go whitewater rafting down the redwood river on floats they bought at CVS! I am not making this up!!! It was all I could do to not burst out laughing!

They continued to pass the phone around, trying to call a parent, and one of the kids in frustration said the “f” word. His buddy slapped him on the back and said “Dude! You shouldn’t say that in front of a … Good Samaritan” The whole thing was just very comical!

After a few minutes, when they couldn’t reach anyone by phone, they decided to walk back towards town and I got back in my car and left. A few minutes later, one of the parents called my number and I told them where we left the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment