Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Buffalos









Custer Park is full of them! They hang out on the side of the road, Disney style. They wander through fields, and walk in single file lines to the nearest watering hole; they walk up and down the roads with no interest whatsoever in the cars behind them; and just like people, the babies hang out with the mommas while the bulls just do their own thing. They’re big and strong and have the gentlest faces! Of course, there are signs everywhere “Don’t feed the Buffalo” and little notices in the visitors center about people being gorged to death by them.

One passed in front of our truck while we sat in a parking lot trying to get “Martha” to find a place for us. It’s gotten to the point where the kids say “not another picture of buffalo”… yep, I think I’ve filled a card.

On a side note, I think hawks use to be my favorite animal. We have one in our backyard at home and he is just the most beautiful thing. On our jeep tour, we saw one swoop down and grab a prairie dog. Nicholas had just talked about how “cute” the prairie dogs are, and how he would love to have one as a pet. I think he was a little disgusted by the hawk encounter. Circle of life.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say after reading all of your cute blog posts, I think you should write for a travel magazine! I have laughed out loud!! These are hilarious!!!
    Love you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete